No pictures but this tasted so good it is worth noting down what went into the making of it. I tried to find a recipe but nothing seemed to fit what I was looking for so I ended up throwing it together as I went.
A robust Friday night meal for one.
- a trimmed piece if sirloin steak chopped into mince sized pieces
- a small sliced onion
- a thinly sliced piece of lemon grass
- a couple of chopped garlic gloves
- a finely chopped knob of ginger
- a teaspoon of prawn paste
- just over a teaspoon of sugar
- fish sauce
- a couple of sliced chillies
- a bunch of basil
- juice of one lime
Put some rice on to cook.
As the rice is cooking fry off the onion in very hot oil in a wok until starts to crisp up. Put to one side.
Heat the wok until it is smoking then tip in the beef and stir for a minutes. Whilst it is still pink tip in the lemon grass, garlic and ginger and stir for another minute.
Check if the rice is cooked. If it is drain and put to one side.
Add the prawn paste to the wok and stir in. Then add the fish sauce. It should all be cooking fiercely. Add the sugar and let it cook through briefly.
Stir in the chillies and then the basil. The basil should fall back into the sauce. Once it has done so it is ready.
Season with the lime juice and eat with plenty of rice.