I have spent my day walking round thinking on just how magnificent a band The Gories were last night. Here are a few thoughts:-
- they were playing downstairs in The Magnet all dim red lights and curved seating.
- there was a lot about them that sounded like the most raucous and unhinged garage band you could hope for.
- two of them played guitar and there was a drummer. She wore sunglasses as did one of the guitarists.
- he was Mick Collins and had some difficulty in getting through the gig without the top of his head hitting the ceiling.
- they were sugar shit sharp.
- I don’t know who works in Probe but they were all there last night.
- it was the closest I have been for 20 years to stepping into the mosh pit. The last time I had done that was watching Rocket from the Crypt.
- I would quite happily have stood there another hour or so to watch them doing it all over again.
- for a while the man stood in front of me developed a blue halo over his bald patch.